Solano Avenue Co-Op Apartments
1685 Solano Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94703
The Bay Area Community Land Trust (BACLT) is delighted to announce the availability of one 2-Bedroom Apartment and one 1-Bedroom apartment that are affordable for households earning less earning less than 50% of Area Median Income (AMI).Subsidized by the Berkeley Housing Authority’s Project-Based Voucher Program (similar to Section 8), monthly rent will be 30% of household’s actual monthly income. Be part of the first group of residents to form a new Affordable Housing Co-op in Berkeley! BACLT will provide educational sessions throughout the two-year Co-op formation process as the 13 resident households learn how to become Co-op owners and managers.
- Rent includes Water/Sewer and Garbage/Recycling; Electric is not included.
- Credit Check Required. No Fee for Credit Check.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not accept Cosigners.
- May work with previous evictions on a case by case basis.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools, Shops and Parks.
- Service Animal accepted.
- Smoke-Free Building.