Last Updated: March 16, 2023
Main Contact: David Solis
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Do Not Give Out Contact Number if person DOES NOT have a Sec. 8 Voucher already for the City of Berkeley - Contact: Cliff at (925) 250-1579. Subsidized Housing for low income families. Credit Check may be required depending on landlord. Income requirement is extremely low income (30% of area median income), or very low income (50% of area median income). Must have a Section 8 Voucher. If voucher is not for City of Berkeley you must contact a Portability Officer at the Housing Authority for your city. Does not accept Vendor Pay. Does not accept cosigner. May work with previous evictions on a case by case basis. Deposit is $500 for 1 Bdrm; $700 for 2 Bdrm. Does not work with Rental Assistance Program (RAP). Unit includes: 1 bath, stove, refrigerator, Garbage is paid. Near Public Transportation. No Pets. Not Wheelchair accessible.