Last Updated: February 18, 2023
Main Contact: Marquardt Property Management
Contact Phone: (510) 530-2050
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
There is a $40 nonrefundable application and credit check for each person over 18 years old living in the unit or cosigning. No specific income requirements. Does not accept Section 8. Does not accept Vendor Pay. Will not work with previous evictions. Deposit is $1,800. Does not work with Rental Assistance Program (RAP). House includes: 1 bath, gas stove, refrigerator, garbage disposal, dishwasher, fireplace in living room, dining room, w/w carpet in downstairs bedroom, fans in bedrooms and dining room, storage in enclosed back yard. Garbage is paid. Near Public Transportation. Near Schools and Shops. Cat allowed with fee. Not wheelchair accessible. One year lease.