Last Updated: December 21, 2022
Contact Phone: (510) 680-5446
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Affordable Multi-Family One, Two and Three Bedroom Individual Units. Units have stove and washer/dryer hookups. Amenities: Community Room and On-site Management. Wheelchair Accessible Units. HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE COUNTY OF CONTRA COSTA ANNOUNCES THE OPENING OF THE LISTED PROJECT-BASED VOUCHER (PBV) WAITING LISTS Monday, February 10, 2020 at 10 AM through Thursday, February 13, 2020, at 4:00 PM. From 2/10/20 – 2/13/20 pre-applications will be accepted for the properties listed on the website. Pre-applications can only be submitted on-line at: www.contracostahousing.org. Note: There will not be any on-site applications and HACCC office locations will not be distributing pre-applications. ALL PRE-APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE.
- Tenant pays all utilities.
- Inquire regarding Credit Checks.
- Do not Accept Section 8.
- Inquire regarding Vendor Pay, Evictions and Deposits.
- Near Public Transportation.
- No Smoking.