Last Updated: December 12, 2022
Contact Phone: (510) 522-5888 or (510) 523-7653
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
3 Bedroom Apt - Rent is $3150 and Deposit is $3350. Inquire regarding income requirements. Unit includes: 1.5 Baths, stone countertops, a stove, and a refrigerator. Shared yard, coin laundry on site, shared storage unit included in the rent- in the back of the building. 1 uncovered parking space.
- Inquire regarding Utilities
- Credit Check is Required - Inquire regarding fee.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Will need to inquire regarding Cosigners
- Will need to inquire regarding Previous Evictions
- Will need to inquire Deposit Assistance Program
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops.