Last Updated: January 31, 2023
Main Contact: Tom Burt
Contact Phone: (510) 282-1682
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Rent/Deposit between $800 and $900. No specific income required. Evictions OK. Prefer female, but male ok. Share a 5 Bedroom/2 Bath House with other single adults. Room is unfurnished and upstairs. Access to kitchen and common living areas. House includes: 1 bath w/shower, Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave. Room has its own entrance/exit. Laundry Mat is nearby. Inquire regarding Parking.
- Electric, Heat, Garbage, Water are paid.
- No Credit Check Required.
- Does not accept Section 8 or Vendor Pay.
- Does not accept Cosigner.
- May work with Rental Assistance Program (RAP).
- Will work with previous evictions.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops.
- No Smoking.
- No Pets.