Last Updated: May 24, 2023
Main Contact: Shaw Properties
Contact Phone: (510) 665-4350
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
2 Bdrm Plex - Rent $2,300. Deposit $3,400. Income Requirement is 3X the amount of rent. FICO Score of 650 or above. Not Wheelchair Accessible. Building has 4 units. Unit includes 1 Bath, Flooring in Kitchen and Bathroom, Wall to Wall Carpet in Bedrooms, Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher in Kitchen, Windows, Coin Laundry Onsite.
- Owner pays Garbage and Yard Maintenance. Tenant pays Gas, Electricity, Water & Sewer.
- Credit Check Fee is $40 per application for age 18 & over.
- Does not accept Cosigners.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- No Evictions.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools, Restaurants and Shops. 20 minute walk to Ashby Bart. Easy access to freeway and on bus line.
- Pets OK with additional deposit.
- No Smoking.
- Renter's Insurance Required.
- One Year Lease.