Last Updated: August 26, 2022
Main Contact: Berkeley Housing Authority
Contact Phone: (510) 981-5470
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Closes: Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 5:00 PM
- Head of household must be 18 older to apply.
- At least one member of the household must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible immigrant (such as permanent residency status or naturalized citizen).
- Income restrictions apply. One person's annual household income must not exceed $50,000/yr. For more details see information page.
- This is a pre-application for placement in a random draw of 2,000 applicants who will be placed on BHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Waitlist, after the pre-application closes. Not everyone who applies will be placed on the Waitlist..
- Before you begin the application process, please have available: the names, birthdates, Social Security numbers, and income for you and the family members in your household. Make sure you have correctly spelled and accurate information before entering.
- Have pen and paper ready to write down your confirmation number, which should be saved for your records.
- APPLY NOW at cityofberkeleyhousingauthority.myhousing.com.
- Completed pre-apps must be submitted by Tues. 7/26 @ 4:00 PM.
- For those with no access to a phone or computer, there will be paper applications available for pickup during the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM (except Saturday and Sunday), on the ground level of 1947 Center Street, Berkeley.
- Paper applications MUST be delivered back to BHA's drop box, outside of 1947 Center Street, no later than 4pm on Tues. July 26th to allow staff to input the applications into the system.
- Persons with disabilities will be able to apply for a Reasonable Accommodation. Requests must be submitted in advance by e-mailing BHA@cityofberkeley.info or submitting a written request to BHA through our exterior drop box, outside of 1947 Center Street, Berkeley or the interior drop box located inside the building during normal business hours. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations must be received no later than July 26th at 4 p.m. in order to allow for sufficient time for staff to review and process.
BHA's pre-recorded info line at (510) 981-5495.