Last Updated: February 14, 2023
Main Contact: Jeanell
Contact Phone: (510) 365-0575
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Income Requirement is 3X the monthly rent (combined income for all applicants) with minimum credit score of 650. Positive Landlord References Required. Unit includes: 1 Bath, Renovated Kitchen, Gas Stove/Oven, Refrigerator, Corner Unit, Lots of Natural Light, Built In Shelves, Hardwood Floors, Living Room, Breakfast Nook, Laundry Center in Building, Street Parking.
- Water and Garbage are Paid by Owner.
- Credit Check Fee is $35 per adult.
- Section 8 Welcome.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not accept cosigner.
- No Evictions.
- Near Public Transportation. Close to Lake Merritt and Lake Chalet. Near Schools and Shops. Walk Score of 97.
- No Pets.
- No Smoking.
- 1 Year Lease.