Last Updated: December 08, 2023
Main Contact: Trang Nguyen, Property Manager
Contact Phone: (408) 730-6905
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rent Amounts: Studio 50% AMI is $1382. Studio 60% AMI is $1659. Deposit Inquire. RENT & DEPOSIT AMOUNTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CALL TO INQUIRE.
Calabazas Community Apartments provides 144 units of affordable and supportive housing, 80 units are set aside for households experiencing homelessness and are referred through the County of Santa Clara Coordinated Entry System (CES).
Now Leasing brand new affordable studio apartments! Move-in special of one month free rent.
Strongly encourage to apply in person. Please call to make an appointment.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. APPLY ONLINE at https://jscoabode.com/property/calabazas-community-apartments/
Minimum Income Requirement is 2Xs Amount of Rent. No Min. Income Requirement for Section 8. Eligibility is income-restricted, as are rents, in accordance with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program as well as other funding requirements.
Income requirements: These 64 units serve households at 50% and 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI). To qualify, applicants cannot exceed the annual gross income limits based on their household size.
Units include: Bath, Stove, Refrigerator. Amenities: On-site property management and resident services, laundry facilities, bicycle storage, community space, community kitchen facilities and community outdoor space.
- PG&E, Water & Garbage are paid by owner.
- Credit Check Required. Credit Check Fee is waived.
- Background Check included in Credit Check.
- Welcomes Section 8 Vouchers.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- Does not accept Cosigner, but will work with Family Support Contribution.
- Will work work Rental/Deposit Assistance Programs.
- Previous Evictions – Case by case basis.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops. Near Caltrain’s Lawrence Station and the Lawrence Expressway in Santa Clara.
- Pet Friendly Property – Limit One Pet Per Household.
- Smoke-Free Building.
Contact (408) 730-6905 to make an appointment. Encouraged to apply in person.