The Starling (Formerly known as Alameda Point Family)
Location: 170 Coronado Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501
Contact Number: (510) 499-2491
2 Bdrm 30% AMI – Rent $924. Min. Income $1,848.
2 Bdrm 50% AMI – Rent $1,541. Min. Income $3,082.
2 Bdrm 60% AMI – Rent $1,849. Min. Income $3,698.
3 Bdrm 50% AMI – Rent $1,781. Min. Income $3,562.
3 Bdrm 60% AMI – Rent $2,137. Min. Income $4,274.
The Starling is a brand new, 70-unit affordable rental apartment community in Alameda for family households. The Starling is 4 stories, all with elevator access and will include fourteen (14) resident one-bedroom apartments, thirty-six (36) resident two, one (1) live on-site manager two-bedroom apartment and nineteen (19) resident three-bedroom apartments.
Eden Housing is accepting applications for 31 of the 70 apartments and are available via application and lottery. ONLINE PRE-APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO BE COMPLETED ONLINE from MONDAY, 10/4/2021 AT 10am through FRIDAY, 10/15/2021 at 4:00 PM. APPLY ONLINE at https://housing.acgov.org/listings and http://www.edenhousing.org
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to assist applicants in completing the pre-application, full rental application & any paperwork needed to apply and/or qualify for housing at The Starling.
Minimum Income Requirement is 2Xs Amount of Rent for applicants without a Section 8 PBV or Housing Choice Voucher. Eligibility is income-restricted, as are rents, in accordance with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program as well as other funding requirements.
Income requirements: These 70 units serve households at 20%, 30%, 50% and 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI). To qualify, applicants cannot exceed the annual gross income limits based on their household size.
See pre-application materials on the website for more detailed information.
Anticipated to be completed by October 2021, barring any construction delays. Units include: Bath, ADA Accessibility, Blinds, Cable Ready, Carpet and Vinyl Flooring, Ceiling Fans in all bedrooms, Dishwasher, Electric Cooktop Stove & Range, Full-Size Refrigerator, In-Sink Garbage Disposal, Trash and Recycle Chutes and Air Conditioning. Amenities: BBQ Grills, Bicycle Storage, Community Center, Community Gardens, Computer Lab, Covered Parking, Gated Parking, Key Fob Security, Laundry Room, Playground, Wi-Fi in Community Spaces, Resident Services with a Dedicated On-Site Office, Parcel Lockers, EV Charging Stations.
- Paid Utilities – Inquire.
- Non-Refundable $35 Application/Screening Fee per Adult Household Member. Collected ONLY at time of interview by Money Order or Cashier Check made out to The Starling..
- Background Check included in Credit Check.
- Welcomes Section 8 Vouchers.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- Inquire regarding Cosigner.
- Previous Evictions – Inquire
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops.
- Pet Allowed in accordance with Eden Housing Management Inc’s Pet Policy – Limit One Pet Per Household. Pet Deposit $150.
- Smoke-Free Building.
- One Year Lease Required at initial move-in.
Please call 510-499-2491 for online support in applying—Telephone assistance and computer lab appointments available by appointment to assist in successfully submitting a pre-application.