Last Updated: April 26, 2023
Main Contact: Christina
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
WAIT LIST CLOSED
Must be Age 60 or Over. Monthly income must be below 50% AMI. Rent Amount will vary depending on the size of the unit. For more info, per Sophia, call 510-261-4760. Credit Check Fee is $0. Accepts Section 8. Accepts Vendor Pay. Does not accept cosigner. No Evictions. Requires a deposit of $1X. May work with Rental Assistance Program (RAP). Near Public Transportation. No pets. Wheelchair accessible. 102 units of BMR/22 Mod-Rehab subsidized housing for seniors 60+. Mod-Rehab units rent is 30% of income and comes thorugh the Oakland Hosuing Authority, only. Secure complex includes SRO’s, studios, and 1 bedrooms. Some units are private rooms w/shared baths and kitchens. All are for independent living. Utilities: Speak with manager. All units have refrigerators. Stoves are available. Community Room. Dining area. Coin-op laundry facilities onsite. Gated parking lot. Near Public Transportation. Parking lot available. Units that are not 30% of income: Studios are $400 and Up; 1 Bedrooms are $575 and up. Please Call for more detailed info.