Last Updated: December 05, 2022
Main Contact: Rancho Luna/Rancho Sol
Contact Phone: (510) 794-8393
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
1 and 2bdrm Apts. Min Income 3X amount of rent. Deposits are $500. Some units are Wheelchair Accessible. There is an $300 holding deposit that ia applied to the security deposit. Waiting list Closed. Units include stove, refrigerator, granite countertops, dishwasher, air conditioning, balcony or patio. Wood/Carpet Flooring. Dual pane windows. Each unit has a full size washer/dryer. Pool.1 carport parking provided with a $15 fee for an extra space (if available) per month. The 2 bedrooms are townhouses.
- Tenant pays water, garbage and sewage
- Credit/Application Fee is $49 subject to change. Non-refundable
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does accept cosigner
- No Evictions
- Does not work with Rental Assistance Program
- Near Public Transportation and Shops
- Pets allowed w/breed restrictions and a $500 deposit and Inquire about Monthly fee