Last Updated: April 17, 2023
Main Contact: Leasing Office
Contact Phone: (510) 663-2001
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
344 13th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (510) 891-1952
1 Bdrm Apt – Rent $1,398
1 Bdrm Apt – Rent $1,195
Security Deposit $1,500
Min. Income Requirement 2X the rent. Income Limit for 1 Person $60,000; for 2 People $68,580 and for 3 People $77,160. WAIT LIST NOW CLOSED AS OF 04/17/2023. MAY APPLY AND PICK UP APPLICATIONS at 344 13th Street, Oakland, CA 94612, Monday – Friday from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Empyrean Towers a newly renovated historic building providing 65 affordable studio and one-bedroom apartments in downtown Oakland. This rental opportunity is for 2 of the total 54 units in the property. Amenities: On-site property management and resident services, bicycle room, community room and laundry.
- Water, Heat, Electricity & Garbage paid by Owner. Tenant pays for WIFI and Cable.
- Credit/Background Check Required. No Fee.
- Section 8 Welcome.
- No Cosigner
- May work with Deposit Assistance Program.
- May work with Evictions on a case by case basis.
- Near Public Transportation, BART, Bus, retail and commercial, jobs, services and other amenities.
- No pets.