Last Updated: March 17, 2023
Contact Phone: (510) 665-3350
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
2 Bdrm Apt - Rent $2,425. Deposit $2,425. Income Requirement is 3X the amount of rent. FICO Score of 650 or above. Not Wheelchair Accessible. Second Floor Unit includes 1 Bath with Tile and Carpet throughout the unit, Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, and Garbage Disposal. Outdoor Patio Space included.
- Tenant pays for Gas and Electricity. Owner pays for Water, Garbage and Yard Maintenance.
- Credit Check Fee is $40 per application for age 18 & over.
- Does not accept Cosigners.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- No Evictions.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops. Minutes to 580 and 20 minutes to SF. Close to five parks, Knowland Park, Oakland Zoo, Walking Trails, View of Oakland Hills, Easy access to airports.
- No Smoking.
- No Pets.
- Renter's Insurance Required.
- Inquire regarding Lease.