Last Updated: September 24, 2021
Main Contact: Olivia Magayon, Property Manager
Contact Phone: (925) 944-9159
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
No min. Income. Eligibility: Head of Household must be age 62 or older at time of application; or age 18 or older and have a disability. Apply online at www.rentcafe.com/onlineleasing/casa-montego/guestlogin.aspx
The waiting list for studio and 1-bedroom units at Casa Montego will open August 26, 2021. Applications must be submitted online by 5:00 PM on September 2, 2021. A lottery will be conducted for all applications received by the deadline. Only the top 150 applications per bedroom size will be placed on the waiting list for consideration.
Applications must be submitted online. A valid email address is required to apply. The 24-hour support phone line will open on August 26, 2021 at 9:00 AM and close on September 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM. Please call (833) 736-3613 for assistance.
Persons with disabilities have the right to request reasonable accommodations to participate in the application process. If you cannot apply online due to a disability and require a paper application please email Montego-Acalanes@sahahomes.org. All units include: 1 bath, stove, refrigerator, garbage disposal, onsite coin-operated laundry facility, off street parking. Wheelchair accessible.
- Garbage, Water are paid.
- Credit Check Fee is $0.
- Background Check included in Credit Check.
- Section 8 Welcome.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not accept cosigner.
- Will not work with previous evictions.
- Does not work with Deposit Assistance Program (RAP).
- Drive to BART station
- Near Schools and Shops.
- Easy access to healthcare and wellness options (across the street from John Muir Medical Center).
- Located next door to SAHA's Senior Community, Casa Montego.
- Small Pets Allowed. Pet Deposit $200.