Last Updated: December 12, 2022
Main Contact: Ayonna Peoples
Contact Phone: (415) 608-5717
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
6-single family and a duplex. Requires a deposit of $1X. No specific income requirements. Not wheelchair accessible. Ground-floor single detached unit includes: Stove, refrigerator, carpets, washer/dryer hookup, small yard, off-street parking, Applicant must meet AHA occupancy level for a 2or3-bedroom unit. Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Preference. Income restrictions apply MUST ALREADY HAVE A SECTION 8 VOUCHER. EVEN IF NOT FROM ALAMEDA-MAY DO PORTABILITY
- Tenant pays all utilities
- Credit Check Fee is $0
- Accepts Section 8 Must be a Voucher Holder for City of Alameda only
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not accept cosigner
- May work with previous evictions on a case by case basis
- Accept Deposit Assistance Program (RAP)
- Not near public transportation. No pets. and Shops
- No Pets