Last Updated: February 09, 2023
Main Contact: Representative Southlake Tower
Contact Phone: (510) 465-0481
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
1 Bedroom Subsidized housing for Seniors 62+ or Mobility Impaired in need of a unit w/accessibility features. Income must not exceed 50% of the Alameda County median area income (very low income). One meal, 5 days per week, donation requested. WAIT LIST CLOSED. Units include: bath, electric stove, refrigerator & garbage disposal. Some apartments with views, balconies. Elevator. Limited number of accessible apartments for the mobility impaired. Coin operated laundry onsite. Off-street parking. Community Amenities: Onsite service coordination, Community room w/ regularly scheduled activities, Controlled entry access, Computer lab for resident use. Limited parking. This is a smoke-free property. 600 sq. ft. 130 units/7 stories
- All Utilities Paid.
- No Credit Check Fee.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- No Cosigners.
- No Evictions.
- May Work with Deposit Assistance Programs.
- Near Public Transportation.
- Near Schools and Shops.
- No Pets.