Last Updated: July 24, 2023
Main Contact: Representative
Contact Phone: (510) 338-3697
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
WAITLIST CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Must be Age 18 to 24. Must be Homeless/mentally disabled. Must be Homeless. Must be Youth. Fifteen Studio Units for Transition Aged Youths (TAY), ages 18 - 24 years old, who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. Ten Studio Units are supported by MHSA funding and applicant must be homeless or at-risk of homelessness AND have a history of SERIOUS MENTAL ILLNESS OR SERIOUS EMOTIONAL DISTURBANCE. Studio apt. Rent 30% of income. Deposit - same as rent. No min. income. WAIT LIST CLOSED
· Head of Household must be between 18 and 24 years old at time of application.
The Waiting list for Studio units at Harmon Gardens opens on July 5, 2023 at 9:00 AM.
Please visit www.sahahomes.org/apply for more information. Paper applications will be available online to print.
Paper applications will also be available to pick up at 3240 Sacramento Street, Berkeley, CA 94702 at the following times:
· Wednesday, July 5, 2023, 9 AM to 12 PM
· Tuesday, July 11, 2023, 1 PM to 5 PM
· Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 1 PM to 5 PM
Paper applications must be mailed to the address listed on the application. Paper applications must be postmarked by July 12, 2023 AND received by the manager's office by 5:00 PM on July 19, 2023.
A lottery will be conducted for all applications received by the deadline. The top 25 applications will be placed on the waiting list for consideration. The 24-hour support phone line will open on July 5, 2023 at 9:00 AM and close on July 12, 2023 at 5:00 PM. Please call the number above for assistance.
Persons with disabilities have the right to request reasonable accommodations to participate in the application process. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the number above.
- Tenant pays all utilities.
- No Credit Check Fee.
- Background check included in credit check
- Section 8 Welcome.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Accepts cosigner.
- Will not work with evictions within 5 years
- May work with Rental/Deposit Assistance Program
- Near Public Transportation.
- Near schools and shops
- No pets.