Last Updated: December 02, 2022
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Rent is 30% of Income and Deposit is 1X the amount of rent. NO VACANCIES. MUST GO THROUGH HACA (Housing Authority of the County of Alameda) TO GET ON WAIT LIST. ONLY FOR PEOPLE W/ DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES. This is a HACA property and MUST GO THROUGH HACA FOR WAIT LIST. Must be Age 18 and Above. Must be Developmentally disabled. Monthly income must be below 50% AMI. Units include: bath, solar panels, bamboo flooring, formaldehyde-free finishes, central laundry room onsite. Supportive services will be available to qualifying individuals with developmental disabilities through the Regional Center of the East Bay. Two units are wheelchair accessible.
- Garbage and Water are paid
- Credit Check Fee $30
- Background Check included with credit check fee
- May Accepts Vendor Pay
- May Accept Cosigner
- Previous Evictions on a case by case basis
- May work with Rental Assistance Programs
- Near Public Transportation
- Close to shops, employment opportunities and services