Last Updated: March 02, 2023
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Units are Project Based Section 8. Must be Age 55 or Over. There is no minimum income requirements for Section 8 applicants, but there is a Max Income Limit. Wheelchair accessible. NO VACANCY. WAIT LIST CLOSED. RENT & INCOME RANGES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Units include: Bath, Electric kitchen, wall-to-wall carpets, tall ceilings, historic windows, and assigned parking. Community Amenities: Community room with kitchen, onsite laundry facilities, elevators, a senior garden, and on site professional management. * There are some Units for Hearing Impaired and Mobility Impaired.
- Garbage, Water are paid.
- Credit Check Fee is $25.
- Does not accept Section 8.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- Does not accept cosigner.
- No Evictions.
- May work with Deposit Assistance Program.
- Near Public Transportation. Near shops and other businesses.
- No pets.