Last Updated: August 14, 2023
Main Contact: Property manager
Contact Phone: (510) 809-2794
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
· Head of Household must be between 18 and 24 years old at time of application.
The waiting list for TAY, HOPWA, Disabled, and PBV opens on July 12, 2023 at 9:00 AM.
Please visit www.sahahomes.org/apply for more information. Paper applications will be available online to print.
Paper applications will also be available to pick up at 2740 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702 at the following times:
· Friday, July 14, 2023, 9 AM to 11 AM
· Monday, July 17, 2023, 9 AM to 11 AM
Paper applications must be mailed to the address listed on the application. Paper applications must be postmarked by July 19, 2023 AND received by the manager's office by 5:00 PM on July 26, 2023.
A lottery will be conducted for all applications received by the deadline. The top 200 applications will be placed on the waiting list for consideration. The 24-hour support phone line will open on July 12, 2023 at 9:00 AM and close on July 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM. Please call the number above for assistance.
Persons with disabilities have the right to request reasonable accommodations to participate in the application process. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the number above.
Visit our website for additional information: sahahomes.org/apply
1 bedrm. Rent TBD. Deposit same as rent. Min. Income 2X the rent. Wheelchair - yes. Waiting List OPEN. Property includes: On-site resident resources, laundry on-site, Computer lab and Community room with kitchen
- Utilities paid - Water, water heating and garbage.
- No Credit check fee
- Welcomes Section 8
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not accept co-signers
- Will work with evictions on a case-by-case basis
- Will work with Rental/Deposit Assistance Program
- Near public transportation
- Near schools and shops
- Pets OK with $200. deposit.