Last Updated: March 01, 2023
Main Contact: Angelique Austin
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Bed (Room Share - 2 Person Room) - Rent $900 per person. Deposit $500. (Negotiable) No Min. Income Requirement, just to cover rent and there is a 30-Day Trial Period. MUST SIGN RENTAL AGREEMENT. No Evictions. Prefer Single Men and Women. Will accept women and children. This is a Shared Housing, Sober Living Environment - NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL. Unit includes 2 Baths, Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, Street Parking. Laundry Mat nearby.
- All utilities included.
- No Credit Check.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Vendor Pay Welcome.
- Does not accept Cosigner.
- May work with Deposit Assistance Programs.
- Near Public Transportation
- No Pets
- No Smoking.