Last Updated: May 12, 2023
Main Contact: Leasing Office
Contact Phone: (650) 315-2495
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some units may include special features for people with mobility, hearing, and/or visual impairments. Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply; we do not discriminate on the basis of disability.
To apply for Non-Project Based Units:
Montara and BRIDGE Property Management Company are accepting pre-applications by mail and email for 17 non-PB units. WAIT LIST OPEN. APLY ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD A PAPER APPLICATION AT http://smc.housingbayarea.org OR PICK UP AN APPLICATION AT 2775 S. DELAWARE ST., SAN MATEO, CA 94403. Application Due Date: May 16, 2023 at 5:00PM
Min. Income Requirement 2X the rent. Wheelchair Accessible.
Apartment Amenities: Electrick Kitchens, Dishwasher, Heating, Deck/Balcony (Some Units). Building Amenities: Community Room with Kitchen, Community Garden, Non-Smoking Community, Courtyard and Picnic Area, Children's Play Area, Elevator, Bike Parking & Garage Parking, Onsite Laundry Facility, Onsite Professional Management.
- Tenants pay electricity (heating, cooking, lighting), telephone, internet and cable. Rent is due by the 1st of each month. Late fee is $20 if rent is not received by the 5th of the month.
- Credit Check Fee $25 per applicant age 18 and over. Due at interview.
- Housing Choice Vouchers, Section 8 and other valid rental assistance programs will be considered for this property. In the case of a valid rental subsidy, the required minimum income will be based on the portion of the rent that the tenant pays after use of the subsidy.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops.
- Montara does not allow pets of any kind. Service and Companion Animals are not considered pets. Please refer to our reasonable accommodation policy.
- 1 Year Lease.