Last Updated: August 26, 2021
Main Contact: Leasing Office
Contact Phone: (510) 499-2491
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total 71-Unit Affordable Apartments Available for Families – 1, 2 & 3 Bedrooms. Online Application ONLY for the Lottery are being accepted Monday, February 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM through Friday, February 12, 2021 at 8:30 PM at http://www.edenhousing.org/properties/canyon-flats Click on “Rental Information” to access the online application process. Please call 510-499-2491 for online support in applying—Telephone assistance is available during the application period For TDD/TTY, please call 1-800-735-2929. Applications will NOT be accepted via fax, mail or in person. All eligible households are encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the City policy, preference will be given to those currently residing or working in Fremont. Minimum Income Requirement is 2Xs Amount of Rent. There are maximum annual income limits by household size. Estimated Completion is Spring 2021. Canyon Flats will include (19) resident one-bedroom apartments, (1) two-bedroom unit is reserved for the live on-site manager. Units include: Bath, Electric Cooktop Stove & Range, Full Size Refrigerator, In-Sink Garbage Disposal, Trash & Recycle Chutes, Central Air Conditioning, Dishwasher. There will be 1 Assigned Parking Space per unit. Amenities: Community Room with Lounge Area & Kitchen, Technology Center with Computers, On-Site Laundry Facilities, Fitness Room, Bonus Lounge Areas, Community Gardens & Courtyard with Seating Area, Resident Services with a Dedicated On-Site Office, Tenant Parking in CityLife Puzzle stacker system, EV Charging Stations, Car Share, Parcel Lockers, Secure Bicycle Storage Room, Extra Storage Closets at 1 Per Unit. There are six floors, all with elevator access.
- Water and Garbage are paid.
- A $35 non-refundable Application/Screening fee PER ADULT HOUSEHOLD MEMBER including LIVE IN CAREGIVER, if applicable. The fee is collected ONLY at time of interview by Money Order or Cashier Check made out to Canyon Flats.
- Section 8 Welcome
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Cosigner – Inquire
- Previous Evictions – Inquire
- Deposit Assistance Programs – Inquire
- Near Public Transportation, Warm Springs BART Station, Schools and Shops
- Pets are allowed w/restrictions and $150 Deposit. Only one breed of pet is allowed. No rabbits are permitted.
- No Smoking.
- One Year Lease.
* Applicants that previously completed an online application for Reilly Station and live or work in the City of Fremont will not need to reapply for Canyon Flats.