Last Updated: March 02, 2023
Main Contact: Leasing Office
Contact Phone: (415) 382-0801
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Income requirement 2X the amount of rent. Income limit must be below 50% AMI. Wheelchair Inquire. WAIT LIST CLOSED. Applications are available for pick up at 5 Hutchins way, Novato, CA 94949. At this time, there is no end date to the availability of applications. We will stop accepting applications once we obtain enough people on waitlist. Each application will be date and time stamped, and this will determine the order of the applicants on the waitlist. Pre-Applications may be returned to Bay Vista Leasing Office at 5 Hutchins Way, Novato, CA 94949. Incomplete Pre-Applications will be rejected. Unit Includes: 1 Bath, Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Garbage Disposal, Window Blinds, Carpeting and Vinyl Flooring. Community Amenities will include a Pool, Two On-Site Laundry Facilities, and a Picnic Barbecue Area, On-Site Day Care Facility.
- Paid Utilities Water & Garbage. Tenant pays PG& E.
- Credit Check – $35 per adult age 18 & over.
- Background Check included in Application Fee.
- Section 8 Welcome.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- No Evictions within the last 3 Years.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops.
- No Pets.
Contact (415) 382-0801 for additional assistance, or if you have a disability that prevents you from fully participating in the process.