Last Updated: March 15, 2022
Main Contact: Representative
Contact Phone: (510) 529-4415
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wait List Open
Min.Income 2X the rent. Wheelchair Yes. Evictions yes.
The application period is from February 8 – February 23, 2022. Apply online at housing.acgov.org. Applications must be received by 2/23 by 5PM. If, starting on 2/8, you require assistance accessing the online application, please call our leasing office at (510) 529-4415.
Berkeley Way is an 89-unit community in Berkeley offering studio, 1- and 2-bedroom apartments. This quality affordable housing has been developed by BRIDGE Housing Corporation in conjunction with the City of Berkeley and Alameda County. Berkeley Way is a non-smoking community.
Amenities include: a community room, on-site laundry room, secure bicycle storage room, a shared courtyard with children’s play area, an Amazon parcel delivery locker system, and on-site resident services. Rents include water and garbage; tenants are responsible or all other utilities including electricity, phone, and cable.
- Water and garbage are paid
- Credit check fee waived during lease-up
- No Background check
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not work with co-signers
- Will work with evictions on a case-by-case basis
- Will work with deposit assistance program
- Near Public Transportation, Downtown Berkeley BART and AC transit lines
- Near School and Shopping
- Pet OK – $500. deposit
Availability posted 2/8/2022