Last Updated: June 16, 2022
Main Contact: Bay Area Community Land Trust
Contact Phone: (510) 545-3258
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Bay Area Community Land Trust (BACLT) and McGee Avenue Baptist Church are delighted to announce the availability of 8 newly renovated apartments at the Stuart Street Co-Op Apartments, with rents affordable for households earning less than 80% of Area Median Income (AMI).
Be part of the first group of residents to form a new Affordable Housing Co-op in Berkeley! BACLT will provide educational sessions throughout the two-year Co-op formation process as the 8 resident households learn how to become Co-op owners and managers.
1. Attend an Open House (Optional): 1638 Stuart Street, Berkeley, CA 94703
Saturday, June 11 2:00pm – 4:00pm (face masks required)
Monday, June 13 5:30pm – 7:30pm (face masks required)
2. Attend an Orientation Session (Required): All interested applicants must attend a 1-hour Orientation Session before they can receive an application. People needing a special accommodation for translation, visual or hearing assistance can send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Orientation will be as follows:
- Thursday, 6/16 5:30pm – 7:00pm via Zoom
- Saturday, 6/18 3:00pm – 4:30pm at McGee Ave Baptist Church
- Monday, 6/20 5:30pm – 7:00pm via Zoom
3. Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 6/24/22.
4. Applications will be selected and ranked by Lottery on Wednesday, 6/29/22.
Minimum Income Requirement 2X the rent. Maximum Income Limit: 1 Person $74,200; 2 People $84,800; 3 People $95,400. Wheelchair Accessible. Unit includes: 1 Bath, Stove, Refrigerator, Laundry Room Onsite, Street Parking Only. There is also street parking at curbside painted blue in front of apartment.
- Rent includes Water/Sewer and Garbage/Recycling; Electric is not included.
- Credit Check Required. No Fee for Credit Check.
- Section 8 Welcome.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Inquire regarding the acceptance of Cosigners.
- May work with previous evictions on a case by case basis.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops. Walking distance to Sacramento Street, MLK JR Way, several parks.
- Service Animal accepted.
- Smoke-Free Building.