Last Updated: May 25, 2023
Main Contact: Shaw Properties
Contact Phone: (510) 665-4350
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Income Requirement is 3X the amount of rent. FICO Score of 650 or above. Not Wheelchair Accessible. One Bedroom, 1 Bath Apartment features – One of a quiet six-plex. Renovated kitchen with gas stove and separate dining nook; Living Room with Decorative Fireplace, Closets with built-in storage, w/w carpeting & linoleum, fresh paint. Spanish Tile Front Entry & Rear Entry leads to shared backyard, Landscaped common areas throughout. No laundry. One off street parking space with rent.
- Tenant pays Garbage, PG& E.
- Credit Check Fee is $40 per application for age 18 & over.
- Does not accept Cosigners.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- No Evictions.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops. Close to shops and restaurants! Arizmendi, Los Cantaros and CVS. Easy and fast access to freeway and bus lines. Walk score 89, transit score 70 and bike score 84.
- No Pets.
- Inquire regarding Lease.