Last Updated: January 10, 2023
Main Contact: Parnow Friendship House
Contact Phone: (415) 492-9340
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Apartments – Rent is 30% of Income/ Dep. is 1X the amount of rent. Seniors 62+ or people with impairment disability. No Minimum Income Requirement. Maximum Income is $62,250 a year. Wheelchair-Yes. Applications are accepted from 12/05/2022 to 12/16/2022 online at https://www.eahhousing.org/apartments/parnow-friendship-house/, by mail postmarked by 12/16/2022 to be accepted for the waitlist, or in person. To obtain an application packet in the mail, call (415) 492-9340, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a letter or postcard indicating Name, Address and Telephone Number to: Parnow Friendship House, 164 N. San Pedro Road, San Rafael, CA 94903. Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Units include: Bath w/grab bars, Lowered kitchen cabinets and bathroom sinks, showers with sliding glass doors. Kitchen has granite countertops, electric appliances, garbage disposal. Plank flooring, wall to wall carpet and blinds, energy efficient dual-paned windows, cable hook-up and private decks or balconies. Off Street Parking. HVAC system. Amenities: Two Onsite Laundry Rooms, Long-term and Short-Term Bicycle Parking, Common Room, Computer Learning Center, Courtyard, Community Garden, Exercise Classes, Shopping Trips.
- Utilities Paid – $25 Allowance
- Credit Check No Fee
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Cosigners – No
- Evictions – Case by Case Basis
- Deposit Assistance Programs – Inquire
- Near Public Transportation
- Near Schools and Shops
- Pets – Inquire
Posted: 12/06/2022; Contact Number: (415) 492-9340