Last Updated: January 25, 2023
Main Contact: Staff
Contact Phone: (650) 356-2900
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
INTEREST LIST OPEN
Foon Lok East is the fourth and final phase of affordable housing development at Brooklyn Basin, totaling 465 units. Foon Lok East and neighboring Foon Lok West are tied together structurally at the podium garage, and will operate as one property once Foon Lok East is completed. The community will provide 124 affordable rental apartments for low- and extremely low-income working families and individuals experiencing homelessness. Community room; learning center; computer lab; meeting rooms and offices; landscaped courtyard with play area and BBQ; bicycle parking; laundry facilities. To get on interest list go tohttps://www.midpen-housing.org/property/foon-lok-east/ and click inquire on Foon Lok property listing.
- 15 minute walk to Public Transportation
- Not near Schools and Shopping
Availability posted 12/30/2022