Last Updated: April 10, 2023
Main Contact: Representative
Contact Phone: (510) 548-7878 ext. 340
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Peace Gardens – 1-bedroom cottage at 484 36th St, Oakland, CA
- 1-bedroom cottage with 1 bathroom
- See virtual tour at http://bit.ly/3ZWe8wQ
- Residents of this long-standing 6-unit community share some management tasks and have monthly meetings (see Peace Gardens House Rules)
Rent & Security Deposit:
- Rent: $1500 (includes all utilities except for internet)
- Security Deposit: $2250
Income Requirements: Applicant household total combined GROSS ANNUAL income (of ALL household members) cannot exceed 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI)*
*(60% AMI table pursuant to 2022 HUD Standards for Alameda County)
ALL interested applicants MUST:
- Watch the CLT Orientation video
- Fully read and agree to the Peace Gardens House Rules.
- Complete the application and include the required documents by Monday, April 17.
- If determined eligible and selected per the selection process detailed in the application, NCLT members will contact you to provide interview questions and schedule an interview.
Applications due Monday, April 17 – https://www.tfaforms.com/5051483