Last Updated: March 30, 2023
Main Contact: Community Realty
Contact Phone: (510) 418-2393
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
3 Bdrm House - Rent $2,900. Dep. $2,900. Min. income 3X the rent. Wheelchair Yes. House includes 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, all single level, 2 car garage plus driveway offers plenty off-street parking, Open kitchen with tile flooring, Tiled flooring in the bathrooms, Laundry hook ups, Big back yard for outdoor entertaining, AVAILABLE 05/01/2023
- Resident pays all utilities.
- Credit Check Fee is $35.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- No Cosigners.
- No Evictions.
- Near public transportation, schools and shops. 1/4-mile to California Seasons Park, Less than 2 miles to Pittsburg / Bay Point BART. Close to food/restaurants. Easy freeway access
- No pets
- 1 Year Lease.