Last Updated: May 16, 2023
Main Contact: Nancy Garcia
Contact Phone: (510) 901-1456
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Offering studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments for lease across a four-building enclave. Deposits $500 to $1000 or two months rent. Wheelchair Accessible. Minimum Income Requirement is 2.5X amount of rent. Maximum Income is at 50% AMI is $47,950 to $84,950; 80% AMI is $76,750 to $135,950; 120% AMI $119,950 to $212,450 depending on household size. Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice and may vary by lease term. Units include: Ceramic-tile showers and extra deep tubs in bathrooms, stainless steel appliances, gas ranges, hardwood style plank flooring throughout living areas, designer faucets, quartz countertops with undermount sinks ,french-door refrigerators, tile backsplash, soft close cabinets, undermount cabinet lighting, central heating and air. Balconies in select homes, quartz countertops and full size washers/dryers and USB outlets. Amenities: Bowling Alley, CoWorking Spaces, Clubhouse, Roof top pool and jacuzzis, courtyards, parking on site, dog wash room and park, fitness center, sports bar lounge, an event room, private dining area, extra storage, and bike storage/repair room. Fare-free shuttle available on weekdays, excluding certain holidays. Non-Smoking Community. Apply online at https://www.havenconnect.com/
- Utilities Paid – Inquire
- Credit check $50 per applicant 18 and over due at interview
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Previous Evictions – Inquire
- Cosigner – Inquire
- Will work with Rental/Deposit Assistance Programs
- Near Public Transportation
- Near Shops
- Pets – Inquire