Last Updated: May 30, 2023
Main Contact: Salvador Millado
Contact Phone: (925) 316-5489
Be aware that most listings for affordable housing have waiting lists. We encourage you to apply to as many as possible so we hope you will check the website once a month for new listings. To obtain an application contact the property manager or go to the property management office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Affordable Housing?
- The listing I am interested in has a waitlist. How long are these waitlists, usually?
- What are immediate affordable housing opportunities in Alameda County (without waiting lists)?
- What is an SRO?
- How do I find a roommate situation?
- What is a sober living home?
- What is Transitional housing?
- What if I find an apartment that’s available next month, but I don’t have a place to stay until then?
- What if I can afford the rent, but I can’t afford the security deposit?
- I have an eviction or bad credit on my record. Are there still housing options for me?
- What if I don’t meet income qualifications?
- I have a disability. Do I have a right to a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What is Section 8? How do I get it?
- What is Public Housing?
- I have fallen behind on my rent. How can I get help?
- What is rent control? Do all cities in Alameda County have it?
- How does the developer decide if I am eligible for affordable housing and what is AMI?
Accepting Applications for Studio, 1 Bdrm, 2Bdrm. Deposit is $1000 Or one month’s rent may be higher for lower credit scores. Minimum Income is 2X amount of rent. Maximum Income depends on household size. Wheelchair-Yes. Can Apply Online at: https://housing.acgov.org/ Submit Paper Application by US Mail to:2640 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley , CA 94704. Application Due Date: May 16, 2023 at 5:00PM. (If sending by U.S. Mail, the application must be postmarked by May 16, 2023 at 05:00 PM.) Lottery Drawing will be May 31, 2023, 12:00pm – 01:30pm. Units include: Bath, Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances, Stove, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Backsplash, Quartz Countertops, Wood-Style Flooring, Central Air Conditioning, Washer/Dryer in unit. Selected Apartments include: Kitchen Islands, Oversized Closets, Balconies. Amenties: Rooftop Deck, Assigned-Restricted Access Parking, Green Certified, Restaurants, On-site Management and Automated Package Concierge.
- Paid Utilities – Inquire
- Credit Check Fee is $53
- Section 8 Welcome – Section 8 Housing Voucher Unit Preference: Units are subsidized by the Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Program. After units are leased up; two waitlists will be established.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Will work with Cosigners
- Previous Evictions – Inquire
- Will work with Rental/Deposit Assistance
- Near Public Transportation
- Near Schools and Shops
- Pets Allowed with Restrictions. Max 2 pets. Deposit $500/Monthly Rent $65