Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus
999 Third Street, San Rafael, CA 94901
Type Of Unit Monthly Rent
Studio 30% of adjusted household income
1 Bedroom 30% of adjusted household income
$500 security deposit is due at time of move in.
Applications are ONLY available during specified dates and times:
• Online at http://apply.marinhousing.org (Starting at 10:00 AM, Monday, May 1, 2023 to Friday, May 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
• You may also print the application at the website address above and mail or deliver in person to: The Marin Housing Authority located at 4020 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903. Must write: “Vivalon Waiting List” on the envelope if mailing.
• A limited supply of paper applications will be available at the Marin Housing office at 4020 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael
Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus is a brand new, 66-unit affordable housing apartment community for senior households. The community is in the heart of downtown San Rafael. The Vivalon Campus will offer accessible transportation, enriching activities and a thriving community.
All Household members MUST be age 62 or older at the time of application.
Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus will include fifty (50) studio apartments and sixteen (16) one-bedroom apartments. 100% of the 66 affordable senior units will be Section 8 Project-Based Vouchers from Marin Housing Authority. The Marin Housing Authority’s commitment requires the project to set aside 10 units for formerly homeless individuals and will be referred by the Marin County’s Coordinated Entry System.
All apartments are made affordable through funding from the City of San Rafael Housing Trust Fund, Marin Community Foundation, Marin Housing Authority and the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program.
Maximum Income Limits per Number of Persons in Household Published 4/18/2022 (subject to change)
AMI 1 Person 2 People 3 People
30% $39,150 $44,750 $50,350
40% $52,200 $59,680 $67,120
60% $78,300 $89,520 $100,680
Unit Amenities: Ceiling fans in all bedrooms, Electric cooktop stove and range, Full size refrigerator, In-sink garbage disposal, Trash and Recycle chutes.
Amenities: Onsite Laundry Facilities, Community Room with Lounge Area & Kitchen, Combined Library & Technology Center with Computers, Community Gardens & Courtyard with Seating Area, Resident Services with a Dedicated Onsite Office,
- Inquire regarding Utilities Paid.
- A $35 non-refundable Application/Screening fee PER ADULT HOUSEHOLD MEMBER including a LIVE IN CAREGIVER, if applicable. Please note that this is the screening fee charged by Eden Housing Management Inc.- not the Housing Authority. This fee is collected ONLY at time of interview by Money Order or Cashier check made out to Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- Inquire regarding Cosigner.
- Inquire regarding previous evictions.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops.
- Pets will be allowed in accordance with Eden Housing Management, Inc.’s Animal Policy. Below are the basic guidelines included in this policy; however, this is not the policy in its entirety. A pet deposit of $150 is required.
Please note that service/ assistance and support animals are not the same as pets and deposits therefore do not apply.
- Non-Smoking Property.
- A one-year lease is required at initial move-in.
For general questions and questions about the application process please call the Management Agent at (510) 499-2491 or email at email@example.com.
For TDD/TTY 1-800-735-2922
We recommend that you read the flyer and FAQ’s. This is a senior living community requiring all occupants to be 62 years of age or alder. https://www.marinhousing.org/project-based-voucher-pbv-waiting-list-for-the-vivalon-healthy-aging-campus.