Stuart Street Apartments
The Bay Area Community Land Trust (BACLT) and McGee Avenue Baptist Church are delighted to announce the availability of 8 newly renovated apartments at the Stuart Street Co-Op Apartments, with rents affordable for households earning less than 80% of Area Median Income (AMI). firstname.lastname@example.org. The Orientation will be as follows:Be part of the first group of residents to form a new Affordable Housing Co-op in Berkeley! BACLT will provide educational sessions throughout the two-year Co-op formation process as the 8 resident households learn how to become Co-op owners and managers. APPLICATION PROCESS: 1. Attend an Open House (Optional): 1638 Stuart Street, Berkeley, CA 94703 Saturday, June 11 2:00pm – 4:00pm (face masks required) Monday, June 13 5:30pm – 7:30pm (face masks required) 2. Attend an Orientation Session (Required): All interested applicants must attend a 1-hour Orientation Session before they can receive an application. People needing a special accommodation for translation, visual or hearing assistance can send a request to:
- Thursday, 6/16 5:30pm – 7:00pm via Zoomhttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/360574727717
- Saturday, 6/18 3:00pm – 4:30pm at McGee Ave Baptist Churchhttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/363303670057
- Monday, 6/20 5:30pm – 7:00pm via Zoomhttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/363297652057
3. Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 6/24/22.4. Applications will be selected and ranked by Lottery on Wednesday, 6/29/22. Minimum Income Requirement 2X the rent. Maximum Income Limit: 1 Person $74,200; 2 People $84,800; 3 People $95,400. Wheelchair Accessible. Unit includes: 1 Bath, Stove, Refrigerator, Laundry Room Onsite, Street Parking Only. There is also street parking at curbside painted blue in front of apartment.
- Rent includes Water/Sewer and Garbage/Recycling; Electric is not included.
- Credit Check Required. No Fee for Credit Check.
- Section 8 Welcome.
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 Project-Based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Inquire regarding the acceptance of Cosigners.
- May work with previous evictions on a case by case basis.
- Near Public Transportation, Schools and Shops. Walking distance to Sacramento Street, MLK JR Way, several parks.
- Service Animal accepted.
- Smoke-Free Building.