1131 4th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Application Assistance Line (866) 856-0271
1,2 and 3 Bdrm. Apt. Rent -30% of income and $890 – 2124. Deposit equal to rent. Min. income 2X the rent. Wheelchair OK. Waiting list opens on January 25, 2023 at 9:00 AM. Applications will be available to submit online. Please visit www.sahahomes.org/apply for more information.Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on February 1, 2023.. Paper applications will also be available to pick up at 1131 24th
St, Oakland, CA 94607 at the following times:
• Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 9am – 12 noon
• Friday, January 27, 2023, 9am – 12 noon
Paper applications will also be available online to print. Paper applications must be mailed to the address listed on the application. Paper applications must be postmarked by February 1, 2023 AND received by the manager’s office.
The 24-hour support phone line will open on January 25, 2023 at 9:00 AM and close on February 1, 2023 at 5:00 PM. Please call the number below for assistance. Some preference apply. A lottery will be conducted for all applications received by the deadline. Only the top 400 applications will be placed on the waiting list. Unit is a live/work rental for low-income artists, artisans, entrepreneurs, and their families. Units have high ceilings and open floor plans; kitchens flow into the living/working areas.
- Utilities paid – Water and garbage
- Credit check fee – 0
- Background check included
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Does not work with co-signers
- Will work with evictions on a case-by-case basis.
- Will work with Rental Assistance Progam (RAP)
- Near public transportation
- Near schools and shopping
- Certain pets allowed . $200. deposit
Availability posted 1/17/2023