LOCKWOOD GARDENS1327 65th Avenue Oakland, CA 94621
OHA Public Housing, 372 Apartment and Townhome Units for Families. Rent is 30% of Income. Income Requirements – Must Inquire. WAIT LIST OPEN for 1, 2 and 3 Bedrooms. Pre-applications are being accepted as of Tuesday, January 17, 2023 starting at 8:00 AM through Tuesday, January 31, 2023 ending at 4:00PM. Waiting List will be based on a computerized random lottery selection process. Once established, this waiting list will be active for 12 to 18 months. To Submit An Application:
- Go to www.oakha.org or https://myohaportal.oakha.org/ to submit a pre-application. You must have a valid email address to submit a pre-application. If you do not have an email, you will have the opportunity to create an email address in the portal. There is no fee for completing the pre-application. THIS IS NOT A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE PROCESS.
- You must complete and submit your pre-application prior to Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 4:00 PM.
- You will receive an email confirming when you successfully complete and submit the pre-application. SAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
- If you cannot apply online, please visit one of the sites noted above January 17-20, 23-26 and 30, 31, between 10am-3pm or call (510) 587-2100 for assistance.
If you choose a paper application, you may request an OHA staff person to assist you in filling out the pre-application or you may request assistance with entering your information into the online portal. Please visit 1327 65th Ave., Oakland, CA 94621 (Lockwood Gardens), 935 Union Street, Oakland, CA 94607 (Peralta Village) or 1540 Webster St. Oakland, CA 94612 (Leased Housing) January 17-20, 23-26 and 30, 31, between 10am-3pm or call (510) 587-2100. The pre-application is available in English, Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Go to http://oakha.org/AffordableHousing/Pages/Wait-Lists.aspx ; or, if you need a paper version in your preferred language, you can also contact OHA for assistance. The following is the minimum, mandatory information needed to complete the pre-application:
- Current address
- Names, date of birth, and gender of all members of the household (“household” is all members, including minors, that will live in the assisted unit)
- Income information
The unit size for which an applicant family qualifies depends on their household size and composition, and any verifiable special needs.
- Garbage and Sewage are paid
- No Credit Check Fee
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf
- Cosigner- Must Inquire after you have been selected
- Previous Evictions- Must Inquire after you have been selected
- Will Work With Rental Deposit Programs
- Near Public Transportation
- Near Schools and Shops
- Pets Allowed with Deposit
Posted: 01/13/2023 by JM