Northgate Terrace Apartments
550 24th Street
If a 211 caller asks for help filling out an application refer them back to the manager of Northgate terrace for help. Must make an appointment. There was a mistake on their application since 211 does not provide this assistance.
Studio – Rent is 30% of income. Deposit equals the amount of rent – can be paid in installments. NO VACANCY. WAIT LIST OPEN ONLY. No specific income requirement. Must be Age 62 and Over. Wheelchair accessible. Section 8 and Oakland Housing Authority Referrals Accepted. Unit includes Bath, Stove, Refrigerator, Fixtures, Cabinets, Views and Hardwood Flooring. Gated Parking and Parking fee is $25. Community Amenities: Coin-op laundry, TV/Computer/Library Lounge, Tranquil Garden/BBQ Area, Onsite Social Service Coordinator, Lunch at voluntary donation of $1 per day, and free bus shuttle service. Spanish, Cantonese and Mandarin, Ethiopian speaking staff is on hand. Some studios have balconies. There is a van on site to take them shopping and on trips. Smoke Free Building.
- All Utilities are paid
- No charge for credit check – Two years verifiable rental history required.
- No charge for criminal background check
- Accepts Section 8 on BMR units
- All subsidies must be considered by all types of housing except for Section 8 project-based properties. https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/02/SourceofIncomeFAQ_ENG.pdf.
- Does not accept cosigner
- No Previous Evictions
- May work with Deposit Assistance Programs
- Near Public Transportation
- Near Shopping
- Accepts pets less than 20 lbs